Date:      Thu, 09 Feb 2006 09:41:32 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        sonjaya <son_jaya@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error ltdl

sonjaya wrote:

>dear all
>
>i use freebsd 6.0 to install openldap , when i
>configure from source not port i get error such like
>this the error :
>ecking dependency style of cc... (cached) none
>checking for cc depend flag... -M
>checking for afopen in -ls... no
>checking ltdl.h usability... no
>checking ltdl.h presence... no
>checking for ltdl.h... no
>configure: error: could not locate libtool ltdl.h
>
>how to solved that .
>
>My regards
>
>My Regard's
>
>SONJAYA

Well, "use the port" comes to mind.  The
"porter" has done a good bit of work to make
sure that when make runs configure, configure
knows it is on a FreeBSD system and the header
file in question in under /usr/local/share/libtool15/libltdl/
;-)

That said, if you must compile from source (and there
could be some valid reasons, though I can't guess what
they are), there is probably some way to tell configure
to do this via the command line.  IANAE, though, and
don't know what it is; and I started to "make" the port
but didn't see anything.

Might be an exercise you could use.  Or, just install
the port.

KDK

--
Without fools there would be no wisdom.