Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 1995 11:20:28 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   more on 'pwd' returning the canonical path...

Found this in my inbox today...

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 06 Feb 1995 02:23:19 -0800
From:    William "Chops" Westfield <billw@cisco.com>
To:      unix-trolls@cisco.com
Subject: gdb and symbolic links....

How do I get gdb to expand symbolic links better.  Or not to, or something...

If I have a symbolic link in ~billw:

	cs_branch --> /cscxx/billw.csbranch/sys

And I go there with 'cd cs_branch', emacs somehow knows that I used the
symbolic link, and if I try to read ../boot/stuff, it doesn't work cause
there is no boot directory in ~billw.

I can fix this by doing 'cd `pwd`', which is gross - worthy of sending
to unix-haters, even!  But how can I get emacs to be smarted in the first
place?

Thanks
Bill W

------- End of Forwarded Message