Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 21:48:22 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        james@nexis.net
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New port - bowman (fwd)

 * I've put bowman.tgz, a port of the BowMan window manager, into
 * /pub/FreeBSD/incoming on ftp.freebsd.org.  It's a window manager based on
 * fvwm that looks just like NeXTSTEP.

Cool cool.  I changed it slightly and imported it.

I thought you agreed that checking for each individual file in
RUN_DEPENDS was not a good idea, so I took those out and replaced them
with a single dependency on the fvwm binary.  This is the only big
change I made.

 * I've tested it back and forth, and it seems to work, with one small
 * hitch:  When I do a make install, it installs the main binary just fine,
 * as root:bin, mode 755.  When I do a make package, then a package_delete
 * followed by a package_add, the same binary (/usr/X11R6/bin/bowman) is
 * installed as mode 750.

This doesn't happen here.  Could it be that your root account has
umask 027?

Satoshi