Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 23:57:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Youse <cyouse@artemis.syncom.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Second-stage boot program

As stated in the FAQ, ("What's the general plan of attack?") a secondary
boot program is at the top of the code-to-be-written list, so unless
someone else has already written one, I'm going to utilize the
Net/Open BSD sources to write one for FreeBSD/SPARC.  Unfortunately, the
initial version will only support sun4c/m, because those are the only
machines I have access to.

This leads me to a few questions.

1) Where is the toolchain that is alluded to in the FAQ? Has this actually
been posted somewhere?  I'm going to use stock gcc + binutils on NetBSD if
not.

2) What's the approximate price for a SPARCengine AXi with processor?  I'd
like to contibute to the ultra port as well.  (I suppose I could just pick
up the phone and call my local Sun distributor, but ... )

3) Do we have an official CVS server in operation?

Chuck Youse