Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 16:40:07 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions

* Jim Couch <root@katana.amberskogg.dns2go.com> [010523 16:08]:
> OOPsey,
>  It appears I got my descriptions of net and open BSD backwards.
> Sorry!

Also while we're on the subject, OpenBSD supports most platforms
NetBSD does, not just Intel .

(They're basically descended from a group of NetBSD heretics,
and so their codebases are pretty similar)

> On Wednesday 23 May 2001 05:19 am, David Banning wrote:
> > >   I had a couple of quick questions. I'm a long time linux user and was
> > > wondering how bsd compared to linux. I'm very curious and will soon
> > > install one of the bsd distributions. I was also wondering what were the
> > > differences between the 3 bsd distributions (freebsd, openbsd, and
> > > netbsd). I run a small business which requires a several servers and have
> > > been using linux distributions for that purpose. However I've been told
> > > that bsd runs better. Note that my questions about linux are in reference
> > > to the 2.4 kernel.

How wonderful opera would be if there were no singers.
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::