Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 09:33:43 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing 5/22 snapshot

I just installed FreeBSD 3.0 5/22 snapshot.

Installation still insist on swap space...this wasn't too bad since I expected
it and left a little space at the end in case I needed swap.
But it shouldn't be necessary...

Also, I got a new 6.4 gig disk...I wanted to put freebsd on the
last gig of it (I didn't install anything else yet).

It was difficult to select this (the linux fdisk is much more flexible).
What I had to do was create slices I didn't need of a different type
to fill up the disk, then create the freebsd slice, then remove the
slices I didn't need or want.

I like the fact it booted off the cdrom...very nice.

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Don't  confuse education with schooling.
	Milton Friedman to Yogi Berra