Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:02:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      Matthew J Hughes <mhughes@shrike.depaul.edu>
To:        Nigel A Reading <nar@austasia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loading Distributions/Packages from CD

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Nigel A Reading wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I am
> trying to load some of the packages and distributions from CD and I am
> getting the following warning message :
>
> Warning : XXXXXXX is a required package but was not found.
> where XXXXXXX is the package name.
> I have copy of the FreeDSB 2.2.8 CD's from Walnut Creek.
> Thanking you in advance for your help with this matter.
> Nigel

Oh I have been reading enough of the mannuals that I have a fuzzy idea of
the answer to this question. Certain programs require others to been on
the system. If they are not there you will get an error when you try to
make them because it can not find them. For example, If you try to make
xnameofprogramhere and you do not have X made then you would get an error.
At least that is my guess. I have not gotten that far. I borrowed the CD's
and returned them before I knew what I was doing. My isp drops in ~18
seconds. they say it is Ameritech(the phone company) and Ameritech says
it's not them. Hey would somebody let me know if my guess is right ?
					Matt