Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2018 20:10:55 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet@zoho.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why is no one discussing this anymore?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 14:51:04 +0000 (UTC), Robbie Herb wrote:
>Would it be possible to blacklist those domains? I was wondering that
>from the first mail in this thread.

This is my first and last reply regarding this topic.

This troll sends this kind of spam to more mailing lists, than "just"
those BSD and the Linux kernel lists we see in the headers here. I've
noticed it at e.g. an Ubuntu mailing list, too.

At one or the other mailing list, a list admin might not maintain the
mailing list during festive season and several subscribers retrieve
mails less often than usual, so instead getting one by one, they get
tons of them at once, since an untrained spam filter can't work.

However, 1. there are lists of those and other disposable-email-domains
on git hub or similar sources available. 2. I'm not using such a list,
but after reading half of the first sentence of one of the first mails
from this spammer, a single mouse click to teach bogofilter was enough
to get rid of all following emails immediately, excepted of replies to
this malicious grinch.

It is intended by this person to do it during festive season. We need
to stand that this is an unfortunate moment to maintain spam filters
and mailing lists. It gets even more worth, if people reply to those
mindless mails. I can't understand that anybody takes the time to read
more than one sentence, let alone to reply to it.