Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:20:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Dieringer <dieringe@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        William Woods <freebsd@cybcon.com>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Frank Louwers <frank@student.rug.ac.be>, Rajappa Iyer <rajappa@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: Sound on a Thinkpad 770E (600)

I have running a  -STABLE system and a PAO (for 3.3) kernel, btw.
$ cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002-ESS19990310) Dec 30 1999 22:33:13
Installed devices:
pcm0: <mss> at 0x52c irq 5 dma 1:0

Well its not perfect -  mixers don't show the right names for the
devices, it seems. but I can playback and record.

You seem to have the 2nd dma missing.

Probably the soundcard can be or has to be configured via some
windows/dos-tool first?

martin