Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:59:18 -0500
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install eats 95

I have been trying to install 2.2.7 from a dos partition (from a
download off the net.

I am trying to install on a scsi drive that had Linux on it and is now
wiped clean.

Win95 lives on on a 3G ide drive. I had planned to install booteasy
into the mbr here, as I did Linux, and use System Commander to boot it.

During the install process, the program tries to get me to partition
my ide drive and won't let me back up and select the scsi. It was there
before during the "fdisk" portion.
The "label" screen just shows me wd0 and that's it. It seems to be
confused after the selection of putting the boot manager into the first
drive.
By the way, it install booteasy for me anyway, even without a commit.
No problem, just reinstalled System Commander.

If I let it install, it appears that it will clobber ide drive and
swallow windows whole.

The ide is western digital.
The scsi is Quantum Atlas running off of an Ataptec 2940.

Is the install buggy, or am I doing something wrong?