Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:04:28 -0800
From:      tom brown <tomb@cgf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple realplayer problems....rvplayer and realplayer

--------------75AB2A1D4B678331720CD27B

Hi

After having consulted the list Re installing a
realplayer of some kind I tried to use the following :

System : FreeBSD-3.4 (Upgraded because it was
supposed to improve the linux support).

g2a1_linux22.bin

It starts but with the following error :

"LINUX: 'ioctl' fd=7, typ=0x44d(M), num=0x76 not
implemented"

Which is supposed to have been fixed in this version
i.e. 3.4 of FreeBSD Hence the upgrade..

So I tried the older version from the ports collection....

rv50_linux20.tar.gz

It installs fine, but when I try to start it I get the
following error:

"File compression not supported. Cannot locate the
requested RealAudio decoder."
Error 38

I had a look on the net (As the FreeBSD mailarchive
is down, what a pain!!!) and found a paper from ucl
saying this was the result of the following variable
not pointing at the correct lib's.

Does anyone know where this should point for the
ports version or if indeed this is the problem...

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/rvplayer5.0

Thanks

Tom Brown

--------------75AB2A1D4B678331720CD27B

begin:vcard
n:Brown;Tom
tel;cell:+1 650 814 5949
tel;home:+1 650 566 8715
tel;work:+1 650 812 9400
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cgf.net/
org:Ministry of Information;Information Adjustment
adr:;;;Menlo Park;California;;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:tomb@cgf.net
title:Historical Adjustments Officer