Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:21:39 -0500
From:      "Lavender, Ben" <LavenderB@nctldno.navy.mil>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   error: input: resource temporarily unavailable when using vi

------_=_NextPart_001_01C10A36.5431F45A

I'm having a strange problem with my freebsd 4.2 release box.  When I use
vi, It will occasionally kick me out with the error message:

error: input: resource temporarily unavailable

I have not tied it kicking me out to any particular behavior while editing.
It happens with other editors, though with less descriptive error messages
(or none at all).  I can't seem to find any information on this error
message, except on a previous posting...on freebsd-taiwan-questions.  Can
anyone help me here?

Ben Lavender
System Administrator, Newsouth Communications
NCTAMS LANT DET NOLA

------_=_NextPart_001_01C10A36.5431F45A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2232.0">
<TITLE>error: input: resource temporarily unavailable when using =
vi</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm having a strange problem with my freebsd 4.2 =
release box.&nbsp; When I use vi, It will occasionally kick me out with =
the error message:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>error: input: resource temporarily unavailable</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have not tied it kicking me out to any particular =
behavior while editing.&nbsp; It happens with other editors, though =
with less descriptive error messages (or none at all).&nbsp; I can't =
seem to find any information on this error message, except on a =
me here?</FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Ben Lavender</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>System Administrator, Newsouth Communications</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>NCTAMS LANT DET NOLA</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

</BODY>