Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:38:15 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dennis Ritchie has died. A suggestion

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

With the recent death of Dennis Ritchie, we've lost one of the giants on wh=
ose
shoulders we are standing. But rather that mourn his passing, I think it wo=
uld
be proper to remember and celebrate his achievements.

His contributions to the C language and the UNIX operating system are a
legacy that few can match.

Therefore I would like to propose that the FreeBSD project dedicate the
upcoming 9.0 release in his memory.

Alternatively, an tribute on the FreeBSD website would be fitting, wouldn't=
 it?

Roland
--=20

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd