Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:51:03 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Re: fquestions

On Dec 14, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
>  	I'm looking at buying a Celeron 3GHz m'board with the
> 	Via chipset.  I'm not familiar with the via, but according
> 	to the  Bsdforums, it works with FBSD.  Does anybody know
> 	what kind of builtin audio of video is onboard?  In other
> 	words, is this a good deal?

You forgot to tell us which VIA chipset or MB-- there are lots and
lots of VIA-based motherboards around, with a wide variety of hardware.

I wouldn't get a Celeron + VIA combo; I'd rather use an Intel MB with
an Intel CPU, and I'd much rather get a Pentium-3/-M CPU then a
Celeron.  Otherwise, go with an VIA socket-A motherboard and a Athlon-
XP/Barton/Sempron CPU, those should be quite inexpensive and yet
perform quite well.

--
-Chuck