Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:56:54 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] resolv.conf and dhclient

Thus spake Lowell Gilbert (freebsd-stable-local@be-well.ilk.org) [05/06/06 10:32]:
: > I've often wondered why dhclient.conf doesn't have an 'ignore' directive.
: > There's a 'require' in there; it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to
: > 'ignore' something.
:
: Why not just write a simple script for one of the hooks that
: dhclient-script(8) supports?

I'd looked at this before (a few months back), and deemed it insufficient
for the job.  However, upon your re-suggestion, I can't see why it /won't/
work.  It should also be able to figure out which wired LAN the machine is
connected to, and assign the appropriate DNS servers.  So this /may/
actually address my problem.  (Goodness knows why I originally dismissed
it.)

However, this ignores my original question: why is there no 'ignore'
directive in dhclient.conf?  It seems like a potentially incredibly useful
thing, and I run across posts from people who could greatly benefit from
this every couple of months.

  - Damian