Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:06:38 -0700
From:      "Mark D. Spiller" <Mds@RAVINE.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mds@eecs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   ultrastor 34f scsi

Hi,

I would like to install freebsd on a 486 (to serve as a backup server for my
home network) - this machine at one point ran earlier versions of freebsd
(1.1 era), but has since run windows.  The problem is that it has an
Ultrastor 34f SCSI controller, which I saw on the supported list as "not
*yet* supported in the new system" - I wanted to check to see if there was
any timeframe for this support, or whether I should just use the old
version... (If I can still find the CD).

Thanks!

Mark Spiller
mds@eecs.berkeley.edu