Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:39:38 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        cokane@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X pausing until mouse move (collecting commonalities)

--==_Exmh_1206560378_13219P

> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:10:35 -0400
> From: Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
>
> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a list of commonalities to better focus my
> > troubleshooting.  So far, my two machines that are affected have the
> > following in common:
> >
> > GNOME 2.22 (with hald)
> > nVidia graphics card (though different drivers)
> > PS/2 mouse
> > dual core
> > ULE scheduler
> >
> > My one machine that is not affected differs from this in that it has
> > an Intel graphics card, USB mouse, and is not dual core (but HTT).
> >
> > It looks like Coleman has a PS/2 mouse as well.  It's starting to look
> > like the mouse technology might have something to do with this.
> > Anyone seeing this problem with a USB mouse?
> My setup (as per above) is:
> ATI Radeon X1270 (xf86-video-radeonhd from git, not from ports)
> PS/2 mouse (only happens when moused/sysmouse are involved)
> dual core (Athlon64 X2)
> ULE Scheduler on FreeBSD/amd64

My system is 7-Stable (3/21/08)
GNOME 2.22 (problem only appears with hald)
ATI Radeon X300 Mobility
PS/2 mouse (TrackPoint seen by OS and PS/2)
Pentium-M 2Ghz
ULE scheduler

I just updated one of my desktops to 2.22. It's an Athlon-64 X2 dual
core, but it is running 6-Stable. (I plan to update soon.) It is very
similar to Joe's with nVidia graphics, but not ULE since it's V6. I'll
find out hoe it behaves later today. (It's at a different location.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

--==_Exmh_1206560378_13219P