Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 00:21:41 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New CODA release

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 02:58:57AM -0500, W Gerald Hicks wrote:

> Pedro has made quite a few useful contributions to the ports collection,
> one of which became a toolchain used in the successful development of
> several large software projects here last year.
>
> He's not, by a far stretch, a do-nothing whiner.

One who whines is a whiner.  I never said, and don't intend to say,
that Pedro is do-nothing.  Nor is Pedro a whiner in any given
situation, only in this one, and even that only in my opinion.
Please don't blow my words out of proportion.

> I'm sad about the CODA decision too and regret that we cannot consider
> using it here in a major project underway, per corporate legal counsel.

Well, there is nothing that says that they can't license the software
specifically to your company.  Why don't you ask them about the terms
of such a license?

> Also, there exists an exemption from GPL for grandfathered kernel
> code right?

The kernel code isn't GPLed.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                   I got a Pentium II for my girlfriend.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com            Good trade, eh?