Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:06:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      "C. Kukulies" <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFreeze86 4.3.0 under 5.2.1R

I installed 5.2.1R on a PIII/500 Box with a GA-BX2000 MB and 256 MB.
GeForceMX400/64MB.

I compiled /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver, installed and loaded it.
First time without WITH_FREEBSD_AGP later WITH_FREEBSD_BSD.
In the first case I was exactly once able to startup X11 (startx).
After rebooting (with or without agp:load="YES") I get a totally
freezing system. The screen flashes once or twice but stays in alpha mode
and then I can only press the reset switch.

Any ideas?

Strange that I once was able to run it. That was at the time
right after the java ports build while my system was
still up and had the linux procfs mounted. I'm just mentioning this because
the nvidia driver is somehow linux related, isn't it?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de