Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:00:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      flag <flag@libero.it>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
Cc:        Allan Dib <dib.allan.l@edumail.vic.gov.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Higher resolution text mode

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Dan Nelson wrote:

> vidcontrol -f 8x8 iso-8x8
> vidcontrol 80x50
>
> I prefer the swiss-8x8 font and VGA_90x50 myself.

I tried the swiss font and it worked, but not the VGA_90x50 mode:

[root@MoonSpell flag]#vidcontrol VGA_90x50
vidcontrol: cannot set videomode: Operation not supported by device
[root@MoonSpell flag]#uname -a
FreeBSD MoonSpell.NewLuxor 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Fri Dec  1
23:49:10
 CET 2000     flag@MoonSpell.NewLuxor:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NEWLUXOR  i386
[root@MoonSpell flag]#

What mean this? My gfx card is a Matrox G400 fully VESA 2.0 compliant, so
I should be able to use that mode...=P

I don't know...

Anyway, how can I know which font/videomode I can use?

Paolo