Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2015 08:38:02 +0000 (UTC)
From:      zsolty szasz <zsolty_szasz@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   trouble connecting to wifi

Hi,=C2=A0

I am using pfsense 2.2.2 at home. I have a computer dedicated to be a home =
router which contains a PCI slot wireless adapter with Atheros 9227 chipset=
. The model of the wireless adapter is TP-Link TL-WN51ND and it has two ant=
ennas. This comply with IEEE 802.11n, and provides wireless speed up to 300=
Mbps according to the manufacturer.=C2=A0
This adapter was recognized well by pfsense and I have setup with ease in "=
N" using channel 3 - I live in a crowded neighborhood and I saw that nobody=
 is using channel 3. With this settings the wifi is working fine one or two=
 days but after that I have to do something like "ifconfig ath0 down | ifco=
nfig ath0 up" to work again a couple of days more. The issue is that from m=
y laptop or phones I can see my wifi but I cant connect. I also receive a l=
ot of "ath0 stuck beacon resetting" messages in pfsense.=C2=A0For a couple =
of weeks I changed back to "G" mode to see if its stable and its working pe=
rfectly stable with no ath0 stuck beacon messages at all!=C2=A0
I really would like to use in "N" because of greater download speeds but I'=
m lazy to go every time in front of the router and type ifconfig ath0 down/=
up every time. So please advise me what can I do, or check or setup.
Kind regards,