Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:33:58 +0200
From:      "Gueven Bay" <gueven.bay@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How can I make a domU image like that in the handbook ?

Hello,

In the handbook in chapter 21.2.2.2 (
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization-guest.html)
the reader has to download an image file for the domU (the virtual
guest system of Xen).

I want to know the recipe how to produce such an image file.
Is this image file just a "normal" installation of a FreeBSD system
packed into a loopback device?
Or are there special modifications needed to produce a domU image?

I think the answers to my questions should also go into the handbook
because the image file making process would be interesting for other
readers, too.
For example this image file is a FreeBSD 7 system, but maybe someone
wants an image of an older release.

regards
Gueven