Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2009 15:32:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        remko@elvandar.org
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org, remko@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, thompsa@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP usb2/usb4bsd to become default in GENERIC

In message: <F8077156-96AD-4831-9BA9-EEE68A2EF0B9@elvandar.org>
            Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org> writes:
: >>
: >
: > I take it the stage (1) is to switch over GENERIC to the new usb2 code
: > and will not involve renaming the config items.
: >
: > stage (2) moves the usb code around in svn and all USB2 kernel config
: > items will assume their original names, ie. usb2_controller_echi ->
: > ehci.
: >
: > I think this is what Alfred was getting about with only changing it
: > once.
: >
: > Andrew
:
:
: That I would like :-)
:
: thnx for the additional comment :)

Also, keep in mind, once Alfred does the hand off, the project will be
free to do #2.  It really isn't a second change, if you think about
it.  Just because we change the default, that doesn't force people to
use the new default...

Warner