Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:14:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Samba 2.2.8a no go on 4.8-Release

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, dick hoogendijk wrote:

> On 23 Apr dick hoogendijk wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I don't like cups. Is it possible to *NOT* install cups but the
> > good old lpd (which already runs ;-) ?
>
> Oeps, bummer.. Forgot to look into the portfiles ;-)
> Very nice options screen. So, forget my prev msg please..

This fixed it for me too.  I must not have had a single windows user
since 2.2.8a came out, and missed the original change from lpd to cups
by default.  It would be nice if the options screen defaulted to the
current settings when doing a portupgrade, or if there was an obvious
way of disabling it and using what setting currently exist.  The
brain-free option, if you like.  The problem is that I certainly don't
usually remember what options I set in these screens first time round,
when it comes to updating it six months later.

Bill.

--
W. Palfreman. 			I'm looking for a job. Read my CV at:
Tel: 0771 355 0354		www.palfreman.com/william/cv-wfp2.html