Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:52:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 43464 for review

On 05-Dec-2003 Nate Lawson wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, John Baldwin wrote:
>> Change 43464 by jhb@jhb_blue on 2003/12/05 12:59:01
>>
>>      More updates.  Closer to working than I thought.  In theory
>>      PCI devices should all just work now.
>
> This handles PCI.  Are you ok with me adding the call to
> acpi_pwr_switch_consumer() for non-PCI devices like the embedded
> controller?  I think we need to do this at the top \\_SB level.  I'm a bit
> confused as to the handoff between the general tree walk and the ACPI-PCI
> driver though.

It won't hurt to switch a device on twice.  It should be ok to
do a top-level tree walk of all device objects and turn them on
before probing child devices I think.  ACPI shouldn't turn off
devices that don't probe like PCI does though because ACPI has
duplicate objects of things like the entire PCI device tree. :-/

Feel free to submit changes to the power tree btw.