Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 1995 17:01:18 +0100
From:      lutz@muc.de (Lutz Albers)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding New Hard Drives: A Major Complaint

In article <199511200003.BAA14638@uriah.heep.sax.de>, J Wunsch writes:

-
-As Marc G. Fournier wrote:
->
(deleted)
-> 	Actually, the user interface itself is perfect, if it wasn't
-> hidden inside the Installation interface, and required you to commit
-> to an install in order for it to add your drive...
-
-You misunderstood: i meant the user interface of fdisk(8)/
-disklabel(8).
-
-sysinstall and libdisk are an entirely different thing.  But believe
-it or not, all of us still use the terrible interface, except for a
-fresh installation...

Then, if you don't mind, please give us the magic incarnations you need to
tame this awful two-headed beast (fdisk/disklabel).

Translation: Which parameters to have to give to fdisk (and more important)
to disklabel and which of the error messages do I ignore ? And yes, I've
read the man pages, but I've never been able to add a new disc with these
tools. The only way to me is to start an installation on this disc and then
abort it after newfs-ing.

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
email:lutz@muc.de          ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
http://www.muc.de/~lutz    fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.