Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:29:40 GMT
From:      "Richard Grevis" <rgrevis@hotmail.com>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, ark@eltex.ru
Cc:        oppermann@pipeline.ch, easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu, kev@lab321.ru, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ipfilter@postbox.anu.edu.au
Subject:   Re: Packet/traffic shapper ?

From: ark@eltex.ru

nuqneH,

> It is the fact it is not flexible enough that disturbs me.
> I definitely do not like the idea of patching every interface
> driver.

Being interested in a bandwidth limiter and observing this dialog, I am
still no closer at all to understanding the specific technical reasons
why you don't like it. Is the code too obtuse to review? Does it plug in
in unsafe ways (e.g. resource depletion problems)? Is there a likely
effect on other streams drivers? By every interface driver, do you mean
pipes, SCSI etc?

Please explain,

best regards,
Richard