Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 12:13:05 -0800
From:      "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM on ThinkPad 380?

You're SOL.  Its something caused by the Windows 98 compatable BIOSes
for the ThinkPads.  You might try going to the IBM FTP site and discover if
you can get a backrev BIOS that doesn't have this problem.  However, the
later 560X, 600 and 600E all have this problem.

The only lead I have found so far is that the kernel APM driver never sees
a SUSPEND event coming from the BIOS when the key sequence is hit.  I've
been trying to get some more information on this out of IBM.