Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:43:55 +0100
From:      Carsten Zimmermann <cz@aegisnet.biz>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Karsten Rothemund <karsten.rothemund@uni-rostock.de>
Subject:   Re: Suspend-to-disk

Hello Karsten,

while there's no direct support for software STD, you can still use
hardware STD if your BIOS supports it (= `sysctl hw.acpi.s4bios` is
set to "1". You can then std with `acpiconf -s 4`.

Refer to you BIOS documentation on how to configure a STD partition. My
laptop runs with a Phoenix BIOS und uses a tool called "HDPREP(EZ)" for
std partiotion creation. Unfortunately I have not got it running so far
:(

cheers,
 Carsten

--