Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:56:30 -0500
From:      "T.C. Owen" <freebsd@tcowen.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel config, multiple questions

I have freebsd 4.1 release

my motherboard only has pci expansion slots, can I take "device eisa"
out or is it possible something still needs it?

if my computer only uses ethernet, can I take out pseudo-devices ppp,
sl, and tun? and if not, why?

if I take out "options INET6", do I have any reason to keep
pseudo-devices gif and faith?

is "device miibus" only for when there is not a specific device for your
NIC but you know it uses mii? i.e., if I have "device xl" (an mii
ethernet NIC), do I need "device miibus" or can the code associated with
device xl handle everything?

thanks

--T.C. Owen