Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:01:11 +0200
From:      Eirik Oeverby <ltning@anduin.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Subject:   Re: SiI 3114 SATA support (plain disk mode)

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <C785347E-BB0E-11D8-B999-003065A70D30@shire.net>, "Chad Leigh -- Shi
> re.Net LLC" writes:
>

>>Have others a working system with the SiL 2882 dual opteron boards
>>running i386 -CURRENT?

Had, briefly, enough to copy over data, then I installed a new kernel a
copla days ago and poff, drives are gone. Channels show up with
'atacontrol list' though - but with no devices.

> I'm running amd64 current and sil3114 works for me with version
> 1.36 of sys/dev/ata/ata-lowlevel.c.

That file doesn't exist in my source tree. It did at some point though,
because 'locate' tells me it used to be there ;)

> sos@ is thinking/working on the issue I belive.

Very good. I'm seeing the same issue with a kernel from 2 days ago. A
kernel from 2 weeks ago works fine. I'll just wait for a fix, can't be
too far away I guess.

Btw, to you with this board - it's the one with onboard Ultra320 SCSI,
right? Did you ever try the ZCR 2015S add-on? It's not working on
FreeBSD for amd64 - kernel panic while booting. The maintainer is having
a look at it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

> There is an interrupt double-routing issue on the Tyan 2882 which
> Tyan has fixed in a test-BIOS they sent me today, I would expect
> them to put out an updated BIOS with this fix in the near future.

Interesting. I suppose a reboot isn't too far away, then.

/Eirik