Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 2009 22:09:41 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        dhaneshk k <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>, questions-list freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Flash9  and FreeBSD7.0  isssue

Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
>> remove everything with nspluginwrapper as root and as your user, auto
>> install every plugin as root (-a -i -v), and put links in your
>> ~/.mozilla/plugins:
>
> Or just run nspluginwrapper -a -i as your web browser user.  The only
> link I had to create by hand was for Java.

The reason I recommended removing everything as root is that there could
be an old version left from an old version of flash. For example, if you
have 9.0r151 and 9.0r152 both wrapped in different directories, both
will be picked up, which confuses firefox -- and you probably still have
the vulnerability that was fixed with the upgrade.

If there is just one wrapped version that all users link to
symbolically, you just have to remember updating that after a
portupgrade and everyone is up to date again.

Of course, if you are the only user of your computer, keeping the
wrapped versions in your home directory makes sense, too -- just avoid
doing both.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik