Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:39:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
Cc:        larse@ISI.EDU, jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com, stable@freebsd.org, touch@ISI.EDU
Subject:   Re: bugfix from KAME sys/296 before code freeze?

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:

> larse> Any chance to get a bug fix to KAME (see KAME PR sys/296 at
> larse> http://orange.kame.net/dev/query-pr.cgi?pr=296) into -STABLE before the
> larse> code freeze? It's required for correct operation of the X-Bone port.
>
> I just committed it into -current.  However, I believe -stable is
> already in code freeze.  Jordan, can I commit it into -stable to be in
> time for 4.2-RELEASE?

I greatly support the XBone work and getting the supporting infrastructure
committed to the base FreeBSD tree, and have chatted with Joe about this
on a number of occasions.  I haven't had the opportunity to test this
modification, but assume that it's OK by the KAME folk and you feel it's
sufficiently well tested, I'd be fine by the change.  But it's Jordan's
call, he's the release engineer :-).