Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2008 18:36:26 +0200
From:      Tobias Rehbein <tobias.rehbein@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [OT] Why behaves my application different when run in gdb

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

Hi all.

Sorry for asking off-topic questions but I started to dive into C programmi=
ng. I
know a couple of scripting languages quite well but wanted to learn somethi=
ng
more low level.

What me struck now is the fact that my code will crash (signal 11) while
processing a strcpy. When I run the same thing in gdb it won't crash and wh=
ats
even more important to me: It does what I wanted it to do...

Perhaps someone can tell me why a program which crashes repeatedly in conso=
le
runs fine in the debugger.

Thanks in advance

	Tobias
--=20
Tobias Rehbein

PGP key:         4F2AE314
    server:      keys.gnupg.net
    fingerprint: ECDA F300 1B6E 9B87 8524  8663 E8B6 3138 4F2A E314

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI--