Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 1995 14:42:24 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        me@freebsd.org (Michael Elbel)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xemacs

> From: me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
> I don't think it makes sense to
> force the presence of a package that is only used in certain circumstances.
> On the other hand, it *should* be noted somewhere conveniently that
> you need netpbm to use w3 under xemacs.

I think Satoshi was going to invent a new variable name for things to suggest
the port user might also want to install.
	( This came about while discussing EXEC_DEPENDS, & how it wasn't
	appropriate for ghostview within hylafax, (as there were many other
	ways to use the hylafax .ps files), & yet one might want to suggest the
	user consider installing ghostview. )

Julian S