Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 2004 00:15:18 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Calling m_pullup in ether_input

On 2004-10-09 00:58, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:51:17PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> G> Not really.  Just trying to see if there _was_ any packet loss first.
> G> After running for several hours, the counters are still zero.  I think
> G> this means the case of dropped packets would be so rare that there's no
> G> real reason to worry too much about lost packets.
> <skip>
> G> I'll keep this change in my workstation for a week or so.  No signs of
> G> dropped packets yet, though.
>
> It'll be interesting to run this patch on different Ethernet hardware.
> On the other thought, if we have a driver that loses packets we probably
> should already have a PR filed :)

I only have a sis0 and sk0 interface on my workstation.  Right now, I'm
transferring an ISO image back and forth in an endless between this
workstation and a SunFire V210 on the same LAN, to see if any drops are
caught with sis0 running in polling mode.  Non-polling mode is next and
then I can try sk0 during the weekend.