Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:45:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sgt B <sgt_b2002@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Orinoco Gold Card (8420-WD) Problems

I just bought a new Orinoco Gold card, and cannot get it to work. dmesg says this:

ppcard0: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x0156, product=0x0003) at function 0
pccard0:    CIS info: Agere Systems, Wireless PC Card Model 0111,
As a result I get no wi0 device.

Orinoco card model number is 8420-WD
Running 5.1 -Current

Card and pccard slots are known good. Other PCMCIA device (nic) is working fine.

Any help would be appreciated, as this the third card I bought trying to get my freebsd laptop to go wireless.