Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:30:52 +0100
From:      Stefano Biella <sbiella@hal9001.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Releng 5.2RC2 trap 12 page fault while in kernel mode

Motherboard: ASUS P4P800 deluxe with last bios, CPU P4 3ghz, 1 Gb RAM
(tested with memtest86 for 10+ hours with no errors)

Here a copy of my screen console while I'm trying to (re)install Freebsd
5.2rc2 from iso images:

Panic: page fault
cpuid = 1
boot() called in cpu #1

syncing disks, buffers remaining... panic: softdep_lock held by 0xfffffffe

cpuid = 1;
boot() called on cpu#1
Uptime: 12m8s
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address	= 0x24
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc0654d3e
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xe2242c34
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xe2242c58
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 55 (bufdaemon)
trap number		= 12