Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:52:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
Cc:        "'mjacob@feral.com'" <mjacob@feral.com>, Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Tape (HP SureStore T20) trouble

In message <97A8CA5BF490D211A94F0000F6C2E55D097550@s-lmh-wi-900.corpnet.at> Ladavac Marino writes:
: 	[ML]  Not necessarily.  Might be a 3.0R sync negotiation bug,
: because
: 	I get the same rate for IBM DCASmumble hard disk hung off an
: aha1542CF.
: 	The disc and the card are fast SCSI devices, 10 MB/s should be
: possible
: 	(okay, I don't care much because ISA cannot trasfer more than
: 2-3 MB/s
: 	anyway :)

I've seen this bug in the aha driver, but haven't tracked it down
yet.  It appears that most (all?) disks will default to this rate.  I
don't know if that is a bios issue, or a driver issue.  I suspect the
latter....  This is not a generic CAM bug.

WArner