Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:15:44 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
To:        jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good keyboards

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, jonathan michaels wrote:

> if you like teh ibm pc/rt keyboards .. sold with ibm rs6000 workstations,
> lexmark build them for ibm these days. it is possible to buy them from lexmark
> but the price is steep, in australia, they cost $AUD450 (abiut $USD300
> doing a straight conversion).
>
> i can supply ibm part and lexmark identifying number if your interested.
>
> these keyboards are not as heavy as teh old (20 years ago) average mainframe
> terminal keyboards, thierfore they are not as solid and do flex a bit but they
> are not anywhere near as bad as teh $USD20 door wedgies .. er sorry keybaords.

Jonathan,

I'm wondering if keyboards like the one you describe are available at many
of the Australian government computer auctions held from time to time. I'm
positive I've seen boxfuls of excellent keyboards on sale (AUS $50 a
box!). The only reason I didn't get them is that the connector looked
funny.. probably mainframe type keyboard with lots of extra keys etc.

I didn't realise they were so prized.

Best Regards
Dr O Candemir