Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:16:15 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw2 and rc.firewall

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:47:06AM -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>
>>work fine under ipfw1. All we would need is someway to tell ipfw2 and
>>ipfw1 appart so that we can select between flush and the disabled set at
>>the beginning/end of rc.firewall.
>

> you can use some ipfw2-only feature e.g.
>
>     firewall=ipfw1; ipfw set show 2> /dev/null || firewall=ipfw2
>     echo "You are using $firewall"

Yes, as much as I hate this kind of test, it's one we could do. :-)
Except for redirecting stdio also to /dev/null, just in case it _is_
ipfw2. :-)

At any rate, I'd live *some* feedback on the subject from the community
at large before making such a change! :-) If nothing else, it kind of
appropriates set 30 for it's own use.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than
each other.
		-- Ann Landers