Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:04:49 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        P Tyrrell <Uk1love@aol.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Black Lines on my monitor

In the last episode (Dec 14), P Tyrrell said:
> About two weeks ago I noticed that there was a shadow appearing on
> the monitor alond any black type or dark picture - thinking it wasthe
> monitor I swaped it with another and there are still black lines
> appearing along the lines of text.

Are they always vertial shadows, just to the right of the image/text?
Could be due to a badly plugged-in VGA cable, a cheap KVM switchbox or
cheap cables, or a too-high refresh rate.  Possible solutions: wiggle
the cable plugs, try plugging the monitor directly into the PC if you
have a switchbox, or lower your refresh rate (the flicker gets annoying
to me below than 75Hz though).  If you have an LCD monitor and are
using a VGA cable, getting a video card with DVI outputs will fix the
problem too.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com