Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 12:02:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@news.cioe.com>
To:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! restore problem

> On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Steve Ames wrote:
>

> > I've had a system up for 8 months or so that was running great. Recently its
> > drive 0 went bad. I'm trying to restore the filesystem from backup but I'm
> > getting an error message:
> >
> > st0: block size wrong, 64 blocks residual
> > tape read error: Input/output error
> >
> > I've backed up and restored a couple of test filesystems and all went
> > according to plan... I'm not sure what this error indicates or how to
> > fix it... HELP!!!
>
> What were the command line(s) you used to backup & restore?
>
> Tape type information, other details would be helpful too.

Its a conner tapestore tsm 4000R. Its connected to an adaptec 2940.
The tape type is 'QIC-3080-MC compatible'.

The command I used was:

freebsd# dump 0ufs /dev/nrst0 90000 /

the restore command I attempted was:

freebsd# restore rf /dev/nrst0

I've used this same setup when the machine was operational (ok restore if,
not restore rf) and it worked fine.

					-Steve