Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:06:30 -0500
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        "Jeremy Chadwick" <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: debugging cronjobs not running

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure why you sent this to me directly, but I do appreciate you
> CC'ing the mailing lists.  :-)

Old thread, my bad.

> No, this has never happened to me, or on any of the systems I've
> administrated.

Found it. The problem was several things.

1. The 6.3 upgrade merged in a HOME of /var/log in crontab, which
broke some $HOME references in some of my jobs.

2. My /etc/aliases.db hadn't been used in some time, /etc/mail/aliases.db was.

All fixed. The parse error in the debug was apparently not service
affecting. I suspect it's looking for environment variables set before
the command to run, judging by some of the code snippets I looked at.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
--Albert Einstein