Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:59:41 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Bernard A Doehner <bad2@rfc.comm.harris.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: umsdos?

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 at 10:06 SAT, Bernard A Doehner wrote:

> Is support for umsdos planned under FreeBSD?  umsdos is a filesystem
> Linux supports for Unix style filenames accessible directly under
> MSDOS FAT.

I can't speak for the FreeBSD developers, but I seriously doubt it.  FreeBSD
tends to be aimed at the server room, and lacks facilities which would not be
considered "useful" in that milieu.

Then again, I've often seen people say on this list, "If you're interested,
go ahead and develop it!"  :-)

-- V

Johann Visagie | wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878 | ICQ: 20645559