Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 00:55:19 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: security: what does OpenBSD have, that FreeBSD doesn't have.

> I'm not sure..I've been wandering through the openbsd source tree and merging
> useful diffs from binaries, but I haven't been too organised about it so far,
> and haven't encountered much in the way of "important" fixes. I'm sure there
> are some, though.

While it can rightfully be said that OpenBSD has done extensive auditing,
I think all that's required of us is some auditing of the auditing. :)

If you don't take the changes wholesale but merely use them as "very
good hints" in doing your own security auditing, I think you'll be off
to an excellent start in exactly the right direction.  Don't stop
there though - there's every possibility that other eyes might catch
something *they* missed, and that's something which can only benefit
both groups. :)

- Jordan