Date:      Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:41:47 -0700
From:      Graham North <northg@shaw.ca>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: printing problems with CUPS on localhost server

--=======AVGMAIL-42F28B9B68AE=======

Update - problem partially solved.
I believe that a typo in smb.conf caused the grief, HOWEVER the
formatting of text files from lp kind of sucks.  Printing is hard
against the Left Hand Side of page and loses about 2 characters.

I looked and did not seem to have a2ps installed therefore installed and
rebooted.  Print is still the same - bad
ALSO - I have been periodically getting kernel IRQ 7 error
messages...!!!   This does not sound like a good thing.

Suggestions?   Should I perhaps de-install CUPS and do again?

Note this was originally set up as a simple web server, but I thought
since it is running 24/7 and has Samba installed to access files from my
WinBox I might as well tie the printer to it so as to enable printing of
config files etc .... (yes I can open Samba wider to access those files
from Windows but I do not like the security implications!)

Some ideas from a good CUPser might really help.
Thanks,  Graham/

--
Kindness can be infectious - try it.

Graham North