Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:40:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   System date 7 years ahead

Hi,

I just built and configured a 4.9 box for a friend and I noticed that
the system date was 2011.  Timezone, month, day, and time were correct
during install/config but I never noticed the year was in the future
until ntpd refused to adjust the clock.

Will this be a problem when the filesystem has virtually every file and
directory stamped 7 years from now?  The box will be kept up with -STABLE
and I'm sure ports will be installed/deinstalled.

The nit-picker in me wants me touch the entire filesystem with the
current date but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Advice?

--
Regards,
Doug