Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:16:24 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        "Eric Crist" <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WPC11 ver 3 or bust...

On Thursday 08 July 2004 02:39 pm, Eric Crist wrote:
> [...]

Take a look in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf.  There should be a kernel
configuation file called OLDCARDBUS, or something to that effect.  It's
my understanding that this configuration file uses the old (FreeBSD 4*)
system for dealing with pcmcia cards.

Using the old cardbus configuration file didn't fix anything on a Compaq
Presario 910US.  The pccard slot configuration needed manual tweaking
in FreeBSD 4.*; but it didn't work under either cardbus system when
running FreeBSD 5*.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould