Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:49:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Benjamin Ossei <ben@cahostnet.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT with multiple services

This was what I was referring to as load balancing.  This is not what I
want to do.  In the example of the man pages -redirect_address they are
talking about using the address of one server and transparently redirecting
it to any of the web servers that you may have in that pool.  What I'm talking
about is this:

www.domain1.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.2) mapped to 192.168.1.3
www.domain2.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.2) mapped to 192.168.1.4
www.domain3.com (xxx.xxx.xxx.2) mapped to 192.168.1.5
etc.

As you can see, I'm taking different domain names using the same IP address
and redirecting it to a number of servers behind the firewall.  Think of
it as doing virtual hosting, which is what I will be doing but the web servers
will be split.  There will be two web servers serving up web pages of different
sites.
I can do virtual hosting on one machine, not a big deal, I will just use
host headers but when there are TWO or more web servers, that's where the
issue comes in.  Using only ONE PUBLIC IP address.

Hope this helps.

--- Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>